- Children will be shown how to practice good hygiene and how to use equipment safely. They will be expected to wash their hands before the session and wear an apron which is provided. They will be asked to wash their hands during the session if they are seen touching their faces or if they cough or sneeze. They will be encouraged to cough or sneeze away from the food.
- Surfaces will be cleaned regularly with an anti-bacterial spray. Equipment will be cleaned thoroughly after each session.
- Children will be expected to behave appropriately and safely during the sessions. If the enjoyment or safety of other children is being affected by a child’s behaviour then they may be excluded from any remaining sessions.
- Children should not attend sessions if they are unwell.
- Refunds may be given if a child is no longer able to attend an entire course. Refunds will not be given for any individual sessions that are missed by a child, except in exceptional circumstances. If Top Banana Cooking is unable to run a session then the session will be rescheduled where possible. If the session(s) cannot be rescheduled a full credit or refund will be given.
- Parties will not be considered a confirmed booking until the £25 non-refundable deposit is paid.
- All cooking teachers are DBS checked and hold an up to date Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate.
- Top Banana Cooking will not take photos and videos during nursery or school sessions.
- Photos may be taken at parties with permission from the host. No child’s photo will be published on social media or on our website without the permission of the parents.
- Before taking part in any Top Banana Cooking sessions a form must be completed by a parent/guardian and returned before the course starts. The form collects contact details and any information which may be needed when planning/running the sessions including contact details, dietary requirements, allergies and relevant medical conditions.
- All data will be kept strictly confidential.
- No data will be held longer than necessary and will never be passed to a third party.
- All sessions will be run according to current local guidelines and policy regarding Covid-19. School and nursery sessions will adhere to any specific Covid-19 procedures put in place by the nursery/school.
- Children will be required to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before they start cooking. They will be asked to wash their hands again during the session if they are seen touching their faces or if they cough or sneeze.
- Surfaces will be cleaned regularly with an anti-bacterial spray. Cooking equipment and aprons will be cleaned thoroughly after each session.
- Children may be taught in specific year groups or bubbles according to the policies adopted by the nursery/school. Children will be socially distanced where necessary.
- Children will not be allowed to take part in the session if they are showing any symptoms of Covid-19.
- The session will not take place if the cooking teacher is showing any symptoms of Covid-19 or if the nursery or school needs to close due to a Covid-19 outbreak. The session(s) will be rescheduled where possible. If the session(s) cannot be rescheduled a full credit or refund will be given.